Maryam Mastoor is the Research Analyst at the Institute of Regional Studies. She started her career in 2015. She has published number of research papers in institute’s honorable journal, policy paper, reports, and regional brief. Her research work has been cited by both the national and international research scholars.
- M.Phil (IR) - Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
Specialization & Interest
- Political and security issues of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh
- Studies on corruption and democracy
- Assisted in editing a book on Pakistan, Pakistan at the Crossroads, edited by Dr. Christophe Jaffrelot, Columbia University Press, 2016
- Indo US Relations under Modi, (Forthcoming)
- Awami League Politics of Vengeance since 2009 Spotlight, (August 2016)
- Contributed a Chapter, Reflections on Indian Grand Strategy, in a book, Indian Grand Strategy, December 2015
- Road to Pakistan’s Dismemberment, Focus, 2015
- Resurgence of Taliban in Afghanistan: Impacts on Pakistan, ISSRA papers, NDU, Spring Issue, 2013.
- India-Bangladesh Relations: A New Phase of Cooperation, Spotlight, Institute of Regional Studies (May 2011)
- "US Strategy Towards Post-Taliban Afghanistan: Analyzing State Building Efforts”, Regional Studies , Vol. XXVIII ,No.3 (Summer 2010) pg 31-73
- "Bangladesh's Political Turmoil, 2006-08:An Analysis”, Regional Studies, XXXVII, No .4 a. (Autumn 2009) pg 82-103
- “Environmental degradation: Focus on Water Scarcity in South Asia" , Regional Studies, Vol XXVII, No.1, (Winter 2008-2009) pg 95-119
- “Dalits in Indian Polity; A Survey”, Regional Studies, Vol, XXIV, No. 2 (Spring 2008) pg 85-112
- Worked as Research Associate at ISSRA, National Defence University.(September 2, 2013 – April 2014)
- Worked as an Assistant Editor for ISSRA papers, NDU
- Taught a Masters level course on Threats to International Security at the Department of International Relations, NDU(September 9, 2013 - January 2, 2014
- Worked as a Research Assistant with Dr. Christophe Jaffrelot (June 2012 - November 2012), Sciences po, CERI France.
- As a Research Assistant at Institute of Regional Studies (IRS), Islamabad. (2008-2011)
- As an Intern under the auspices of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Pakistan at Institute of Regional Studies (IRS), Islamabad. (2007 - 2008)